Friday, January 27, 2012

Old Classics - Westlife

     I remember back in the days when I was in high school and the only cool songs to dedicate to a girl where Westlife's songs. Songs such as My Love, I Lay My Love On You, Fool Again and my two favorites What Makes A Man and Swear It Again. Well, why am I writing about all this? A friend of mine posted a youtube clip on Facebook called Uptown Girl by Westlife. So I listened to it and you know you get all the different suggestions at the end of the video. So I clicked on another Westlife video, which led me to another, and another and another and the chain continued. By the time I realized, I had spent about 45 minutes of Westlife music videos. And why the blog, while surfing, I read somewhere that 'dope' is a word that is used to describe anything cool. And the list of cool things included blogging, music, fashion, education, safe sex, or a person - in that order. So I thought, well I do have a blog so maybe let me blog about what I have just done in the last one hour. And it turned out it's listening to Westlife.


     I don't really feel like I have spent my time doing nothing because I enjoy listening to the old classics. I think of Westlife as one of those great boybands like The Beatles and The Bee Gees. Not  many people would agree with me on that one but that's just my opinion. I mean, their records may not have sold as much as The Beatles' records but they reached and touched many souls (especially infatuated teenagers). In that regard, yes they are classic. So we have learnt that 'dope' means fun. And on the list we have music, fashion, education and safe sex plus other more. I feel like I should blog about education or safe sex because I personally think that these two are really very cool things. But not now, those are interesting topics for another day. I promise, I will blog about education and safe sex very soon. I will tell you very soon (hopefully) why it is cool to be educated. Why it is cool to have safe sex and not rubber-free sex. These are important topics. Thank God, I am graduating very soon with a B.A. in Physics. Now that's very cool. Who can touch that???


     I am sorry guys this is the most random blog I have written thus far. But I do enjoy blogging, it gives me the opportunity to say whatever I want whenever I want without thinking about following typical essay rules or any kind of protocol. Blogging is poetry to me and now that's 'dope'. Alright, I will leave y'all with a Westlife song called "What Makes A Man". Hope you enjoy it. Ohh and Good luck to the Chipolopolo boys (Zambia National Soccer team) on Sunday. I hope we can get a point or better against Equatorial Guinea on that day. Peace!!!


-- Amulay Sirch

No comments:

Post a Comment